If your smile requires the use of a dental crown to restore a damaged tooth, our team at Hays Dental Group, LLC is happy to help! A damaged tooth resulting from oral trauma, injury, or infection often requires a dental crown to restore its function and appearance. Our dentist can help you keep your dental crown in good shape for a long time with proper dental crown care.
We can provide dental restorations created from porcelain, porcelain fused with metal, or gold. Our dentist will design your crown with the most appropriate dental material for your specific needs, and then it is custom-crafted to fit the tooth and provide strength, protection and aesthetically pleasing appearance. We may use a dental crown to restore a discolored or unattractive tooth so that it appears natural again.
Following the placement of a dental crown, we encourage you to care for the crown as you would your own teeth:
– Avoid chewing on hard candy, ice and other hard foods.
– Don’t use your teeth to open packages.
– Don’t bite your fingernails to cope with stress.
– Seek treatment if you have a habit of clenching and grinding your teeth.
– Brush your teeth at least twice a day to prevent tooth decay and gum disease.
– Floss daily with dental floss or an interdental stick to clean around the crown where it meets the gums.
– Schedule regular dental cleanings with the dentist to prevent tartar.
If you are interested in receiving a dental crown in Bozeman, Montana, contact Hays Dental Group, LLC at 406-586-2117 today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Christopher Hall.